Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Karsten Thygesen
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?
On 30 Nov 1998, Karsten Thygesen wrote:

> check_spool_space = 100M
> check_spool_inodes = 100
>
> and my free space is currently below 70Mb in /var/mail, but exim
> happily receives and processes new mails both from SMTP and local
> execution.
>
> Do I misunderstand something, or is this a bug?

I'm afraid you have misunderstood. Unfortunately the word "spool" means
different things to different people. Those two options are for checking
the space on Exim's spool files - the place it keeps messages while
waiting to deliver them. It is whatever you have set the SPOOL_DIRECTORY
option to in your Local/Makefile. In contrast, /var/mail is a directory
into which local deliveries are made. I know some people sometimes call
this the "spool", but I don't. It is a collection of mailboxes, not
a temporary holding place, which is what "spool" *should* mean. :-)