[EXIM] exim equivalent of sendmail mailertable

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mick@Iprolink. Ch
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] exim equivalent of sendmail mailertable
Hi,

I have exim working pretty well, but there is one nagging thing
that I know how to do with sendmail but not with exim - the
mailertable file.

For those of you that have not had the pleasure of working with
sendmail, the mailertable is a generic feature, but I only use
it for ETRN remote smtp hosts.

The advantage of the mailertable is that the first MX record
is my massive mail server, not the final, almost never connected,
end server. This makes it less painful for people to send
mail to these remote machines, since they do not have to wait
for the MX timeout, and then subesquent rollover to the next
MX machine. Of course, the mail is queued and finally collected
with the ETRN command.

The format of the mailertable is:

domain name           delivery:final.host.name
.mycooldomainname.com      esmtp:mail.mycooldomainname.com

Is there a way to do the same thing with exim?

My attempts have failed, and I know that a fallback is to update
the MX records of all these domains, but if I can avoid this I
will be happy.

Thanks for any hints!
--
Mickey