[EXIM] mail hub config problem

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Frank Elsner
題目: [EXIM] mail hub config problem

Dear collegues,

we -Technical University Berlin- want to replace the PP on both our central
                                 mail hubs by exim.

being a newbie at exim I've encountered a problem with the following scenario,
which is very typical for TU Berlin and which I couldn't get solved by reading
the documentation and sample configs:

host.domain.TU-Berlin.DE     MX  100  mail.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
                             MX  100  mail2.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE

Mail arriving at one of the two hosts needs to be delivered to
                                               "host.domain.TU-Berlin.DE".

How to overcome the "lowest MX points to local host" when running exim
                                                  on both `mail´ and `mail2´ ?

Currently (in a test environment) I do it this way:

TUBerlin_Special:
transport = smtp_tu
domains = "*.tu-berlin.de"
driver = domainlist
route_list = "host.domain.TU-Berlin.DE host.domain.TU-Berlin.DE byname"

There must be a more general method. The documentation contains

 .   A router that accepts an address may set up a transport for it, or may
     pass an altered address to subsequent routers, or it may discover that
     the address is a local address after all. This typically happens when a
     partial domain name is used and (for example) the DNS lookup is
     configured to try to extend such names. In this case, the address is
     passed to the directors. Exim can be configured to do this for any domain
     whose lowest MX record points to the local host.

Especially the last sentence sounds interesting to me, but how to do ?
What is meant by "the DNS lookup is configured to try to extend such names" ?

BTW, the documentation lacks some - non-standard - examples, the domainlist
     router has some, but the lookuphost has not.

Frank Elsner  /                           c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin |
 ____________/                                 ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50              |

|                                              Einsteinufer 17                |

|Voice: +49 30 314 23897                       D-10587 Berlin                 |
|SMTP : Elsner@???                        Germany                |
|X400 : /S=Elsner/OU=zrz/P=TU-Berlin/A=d400/C=de/            _________________|