Re: [EXIM] Template ISP configuration file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David M Walker
A: Mark Baker
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Template ISP configuration file
Mark,

I think I should be more specific, I am looking at a Web Hosting
type solution rather than a Dial-Up Access Provider, (lack of
clarity mea cupla)

The scalability of the solution is dependent on exim, the flat files
used could be converted easily to dbm files and this would give a real
performance boost.

Our situation is roughly 15 corporate clients to a linux box, all
with low/medium volumes. It was someones suggestion to try exim
which we are really happy with, but I was posting newbee questions
last week :-)

rgds

davidw

Mark Baker wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 10:48:18PM +0000, David M Walker wrote:
>
> > > This looks real good, but how are you handling virtual domains like
> > >             @abc.vhost.co.uk        @xyz.vhost.co.uk
> > > with the primary domain being vhost.co.uk ??

> > 2. If as an ISP you are offering abc.vhost.co.uk to a client then
> >    it just need to add this to the domain list

> But most dialup ISPs have tens or even hundreds of thousands of users. Will
> your solution scale nicely in that case?

                    Data Management And Warehousing

David M. Walker                             Tel: +44 (0)7050 028 911
138, Finchampstead Road,  Wokingham,        Fax: +44 (0)7050 028 912
Berkshire, RG41 2NU, United Kingdom.        Data:+44 (0)7050 028 913

http://www.datamgmt.com                   mailto:davidw@datamgmt.com