著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] 2.054: -brw
Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Nov 26, 1998:
> When an address is rewritten by a rule with the "w" flag and the result
> is then subsequently rewritten by a rule without the "w" flag. The
> second rule has to preserve the non-address part that was generated by
> the first rule.

The strange thing, however, is that:

1. Even if I comment out the second rule, everything works just
like before, which is:

2. The address gets re-written for people in the csinfo database
(real humans), but it doesn't get re-written for people in the
nicknames db (postmaster, system, etc.).

3. If I reverse the rule (i.e., try csinfo first, nicknames
next), the effect gets reversed (which is, nicknamers get
re-written, and csinfo guys stay put).

So it may just be the fact that there are too many implicit "if"s
in there, or too many lookups. I think.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.