[EXIM] several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gyan Mathur, Sheldon Hearn
Cc: Ben Smithurst, exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [EXIM] Another test release
Asunto: [EXIM] several messages

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Ah. Then we have a problem. You're trying to build it on a FreeBSD box
> without using the FreeBSD ports system, but Philip has constructed the
> FreeBSD-specific Makefiles in such a way that they work within that
> system only. This may have been on my request.

It was indeed on your request. I don't at the moment have access to a
FreeBSD system (though I should have in due course - someone who is
installing a FreeBSD system has promised me an account). Therefore I am
reliant on advice from FreeBSD users on this list.

> Regardless, it's probably a logical flaw. Just add to the top of the
> Makefile, the appropriate
>
> PORTOBJFORMAT={aout|elf}
>
> depending on whether you're running an AOUT or ELF system.

I presume that simply removing the lines

.if ${PORTOBJFORMAT} == "elf"
XLFLAGS+=-Wl,-rpath,${X11BASE}/lib
.endif

and setting XLFLAGS appropriately by hand would also be a valid workaround?

> I'll submit something more robust to Philip to handle PORTOBJFORMAT for
> non-FreeBSD-ports build environments.

Please do. I would like it all to be as robust and portable as possible
before the proper release.