Re: [EXIM] failed addresses

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Romy Arslan
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] failed addresses

example of a message sent to hotmail.co which doesn't exist :

message log :

1998-11-18 11:20:25 jaberel@???: internet router deferred: lookup
of host "hotmail.co" failed in internet router
*** Frozen ***
1998-11-22 09:03:08 jaberel@???: internet router deferred: lookup
of host "hotmail.co" failed in internet router
*** Frozen ***

the sender is an existing user.

Thanks.

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Romy Arslan wrote:
>
> > I am new at administering exim and I noticed a couple of days ago that I
> > am getting a lot of frozen messages in the queue. What I don't understand
> > is that if a user sends a message to let's say xxx@??? and
> > aub.edi.lb is an unexistant domain the message is frozen instead of being
> > bounced back to the original sender with the error : failed address or
> > something.
>
> It should be bounced back to the sender.
>
> > Is there a way to do this instead of manually forcing exim to give up on
> > the message ?
>
> Depends on why it isn't being returned to the sender. If you post the
> actual error message from the Exim log, somebody on the list might be
> able to give you more help.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Romy Arslan
Personal Computing & Networking Services
American University of Beirut