[EXIM] Exim and ISDN (was: Exim is too fast?)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mark Seuffert (Pirates)
Para: exim-users
Tópicos Antigos: [EXIM] Exim is too fast?
Assunto: [EXIM] Exim and ISDN (was: Exim is too fast?)
Hi,
I guess my last question has been stupid (?) or none of you is using an
ISDN connection, right? I still have the problem that big mails block the
connection for several minutes and would appreciate any experience/ideas.

I think it should be possible to connect an small intranet via ISDN,
actually a lot of customers do, because it's much cheaper. It's possible
to slow down the local proxy (squid)... but what about the MTA? No other
service makes so much traffic, that I would wish to limit the resource
consumption. Thx a lot for help.

Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote some days ago:

> I have the problem that the ISDN-connection is _very_ slow when big mails
> are transfered from one mail host to another, it's nearly impossible to
> use a simple telnet then. Is Exim the problem or the router, can I do
> something against?
>
> 1. Limit Exim to use less then 6,4 KB/s?
> 2. Configure a filter so that mails > 1 MB are routed different?

At least, is there a expression to establish a router for
big emails (let's say > 100 KB)? Thx, if you can point me to the correct
section in the exim specification.
--
M a r k   S e u f f e r t                             captain@???
Pirates Communication                              http://www.pirate.de