RE: [EXIM] Newlines in autoreply $lookup's don't work

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Mark Buckaway
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] Newlines in autoreply $lookup's don't work
On 24-Nov-98 at 15:49:33 Mark Buckaway wrote:

>       text="${lookup ldap {ldap://server/stuff...} {$value} {No text}"

> This information can be multiline. If I change the search type to
> ldapm, I get commas betten each line if I store the text one line at
> a time in ldap (same key has multiple entries). So, this does not do
> what I want to do.
>
> text="Line1\nLine2\nLine3\n"
>
> However, if I translate the newlines into the \n when I store the
> info in ldap, the resultant lookup does not get the \n characters
> translated. So, if I store "Line1\nLine2\nline3\n" in my ldap
> schema, it does get returned, but the \n characters are not changed
> to newlines.

I think the 'expand' function would do this (?) The manual states it will
expand a string a second time - I assume that includes changing escaped
characters. Try it. Exim 2.00 manual, page 44.

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233914
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919