[EXIM] Newlines in autoreply $lookup's don't work

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mark Buckaway
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Newlines in autoreply $lookup's don't work
I'm attempting to do something that may not be possible...but I've got try.

I'm setting up a autoreply transport where the text= option is a
lookup from an ldap server. So it looks like

vacation_transport:
    text="${lookup ldap {ldap://server/stuff...} {$value} {No text}"

This information can be multiline. If I change the search type to
ldapm, I get commas betten each line if I store the text one line at
a time in ldap (same key has multiple entries). So, this does not do
what I want to do.

Now, the text item is supposed to translate the newline character
representations and does as in:

text="Line1\nLine2\nLine3\n"

However, if I translate the newlines into the \n when I store the
info in ldap, the resultant lookup does not get the \n characters
translated. So, if I store "Line1\nLine2\nline3\n" in my ldap
schema, it does get returned, but the \n characters are not changed
to newlines.

I can't just embend newlines in the LDAP schema, because, I've no
way to do this...this would be easy if it were possible. Mozilla's
PerLDAP encodes the multiline data...and the nds ldapmodify ldif
input does not take newlines in data.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mark
Mark Buckaway               Programmer            ACC Global
markb@???         416-236-1027x1083