Re: [EXIM] dbm alias file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: iqbal
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] dbm alias file

iqbal@??? said:
} Is there anyway I can write directly to the dbm file instead of to the
} flat file and then coverting to the dbm format. I have tried dbmopen
} etc in perl , it seems to open the file, but reading it seems to be a
} problem

That will work - assuming you use the correct DB module.
However you need to be aware of locking issues and the fact that processes
reading the dbms while you are updating them are quite likely going to get
inconsistent or corrupt data. It would only be safe to try this with
(say) gdbm which has internal locking.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]