著者: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
題目: Re: [EXIM] CDB - a quick check...
On 19-Nov-98 at 17:12:44 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, John Horne wrote:
>
>> Okay, so it seems that running exim with NDBM lookups is case-insensitive
>> right? But using CDB it is case-sensitive?
>>
>> If not, I'm doing something wrong. If it is, then back to the drawing
>> board...
>
> The actual lookups are both case-sensitive. I am not aware of any kind
> of DBM keyed lookup implementation that is case-insensitive.
>
> I suspect that in the background to this lies the method of building
> your NDBM/CDB files. If you use exim_dbmbuild to build the NDBM file, by
> default it lower-cases the input keys, unless you give it the -nolc
> option. If you are using it to look up local local parts, with
> locally_caseless true (the default) then you will be getting
> caselessness at a higher level.

Ah! So, NDBM is lowercase by not using '-nolc' with exim_dbmbuild, and is
case-insensitive because we have 'locally_caseless' set (as default).
So, by writing the equivalent of exim_dbmbuild for CDB files - lowercasing
everything...spotted!
You're lowercasing the keys, but not the data aren't you? I've been
lowercasing everything with my program to create CDB files.
As said...back to the drawing board, but at least I know where I went wrong
:-)

Thanks,

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233914
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919