著者: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?
> Ha! See what you've done, Philip? You _knew_ you shouldn't add filtering
> to an MTA, didn't you? :-)

Actually, I was going to bring this up in my last message, but figured it
might be the sort of thing that had already been rehashed far more times
than people cared to remember.

I was going to ask if it might make sense for exim to go the sendmail route
and not make any attempt at handling local deliveries (you know, move the
filtering language out into a seperate binary, maybe have a small,
lightweight delivery program if /bin/mail isn't small and lightweight enough).

I'm not sure if this would have any impact on exim's performance as an
mta. Obviously, it would mean a little more work for local deliveries, but
I can't guess how much.

---
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars@??? * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University