Re: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

> pipe "exim_lock -lockfile $home/Mail/foo rcvstore +foo"
>
> This yields the error:
>
> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
>
> ------ |/fs/wolery/exim/bin/exim_lock -lockfile $home/Mail/foo rcvstore
> +foo ---
> ---
>
> exim_lock: failed to create hitching post
> /home/staff/lars/Mail/foo.lock.wolery.
> 3653939e.000192ed: Permission denied
>
> So, either my command (above) is goofy, or we've run into another
> situation where exim isn't running with the uid/gid of the user who's
> filter file is being executed.

Technical point: delivery happens *after* the filter file is executed.
Filter files just set up deliveries, they don't do them. Local
deliveries should always be run as the user in question.

You can check out what is happening by running exim with debugging
turned on. Try running

exim -d9 youself
<some message>
.

and somewhere in the avalanche of debugging output it will tell you the
uid/gid under which is is running the pipe.