[EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?
Howdy,

I'm a big fan of the MH suite of tools, and I'd like to convince exim to
use mh format when delivering files into a directory. MH stores
messages using one file/message, and each filename is a single number
that is incremented for each message.

This doesn't seem to be anything like the maildir or mailstore formats
supported by exim (who uses those, anyway?). MH is nice because both
pine and its accompanying imap server (and most other c-client based
mailers) support it, which means I can use the mh command-line tools or
more traditional mail readers as is convenient.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I'm only looking for it on a
per-user basis (that is, I want *my* mail delivered into mh folders, but
not everybody elses'). At the global level, I could use a pipe
transport and some sort of shell script to provide a wrapper around
rcvstore with appropriate locking, but I'm not sure how to accomplish
this from within a user filter.

Thanks for your help,

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars@??? * (617)353-5228
Department of Computer Science, Boston University