Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: V. T. Mueller
Cc: exim-users, Pete Ashdown
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, V. T. Mueller wrote:

> > Idea noted. It would require a new database to keep the information, of
> > course. Maybe something like "messages per hour" could be made to work
> > relatively easily.
>
> Aargh!
> Please don't!

If I did this, it would of course be optional.

> Mail is a SERVICE, and sad enough misuse from outside the local net often
> makes us disabling features and decreasing comfortability... but with a
> "feature" like messages per hour we would help to make it becoming a PAIN.

I think I agree, unless the number was set really high (like 500).
However, as a provider of software, I have to consider supporting
facilities that other people want, even if I think they are bad/silly/
useless/expensive myself. For example, I don't think VRFY and EXPN are
sensible these days. Such things have to be made optional so that admins
can choose to use them if they like. Of course, I set the defaults the
way I want them. :-)