Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, Pete Ashdown
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Pete Ashdown wrote:
> > Philip, what about the morons inside your network who are permitted to
> > relay?
> We beat them up. Figuratively speaking, of course. :-)

:)
As somebody already posted - local users can be educated. And what's more,
they normally don't misuse mail services the way 'spam morons' from
outside do.

> > It would be nice if Exim had some of the features that INN uses to control
> > spam. Things like limiting how many messages can be sent from a single IP
> > within a set period of time.
> Idea noted. It would require a new database to keep the information, of
> course. Maybe something like "messages per hour" could be made to work
> relatively easily.

Aargh!
Please don't!
Mail is a SERVICE, and sad enough misuse from outside the local net often
makes us disabling features and decreasing comfortability... but with a
"feature" like messages per hour we would help to make it becoming a PAIN.

I really regret that I already deleted yesterday's answer to that
question. Somebody told us s/th like "technical measures are no proper way
to solve human problems" where the latter seems to be the case as long as
we are talking about limiting _local_ users. There's nothing to add to
that statement.

regards,
Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)

                        "Christ ist man fuer Andere"