Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:02:17 MST, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> Philip, what about the morons inside your network who are permitted to
> relay?

Hi Pete,

Abuse from within is _much_ easier to deal with than abuse from outside.
The only reason open relay is such a bad idea is that the Internet is
made up of autonomous networks. This means you have no control over the
users of other networks, which is why programs like exim can be
configured to refuse to relay for non-customers.

However, your own users can be controlled. This is where it becomes
vital to have an Acceptible Usage Policy that your customers agree to.
For examples, start at http://www.cauce.org/.

I've said this many times before and I've never been reasonably disuaded
from my belief -- technology will never be the solution to problems that
originate within your own fortress.

I haven't answered your question regarding the number of messages
per minute from a single IP because I don't know the answer (because
customers are easy to control). I just want to make sure the above view
is archived along with the technical responses you may receive.

Ciao,
Sheldon.