Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Pete Ashdown
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
>You will discover the answer to this question when some moron sends
>100,000 offensive junk mail messages through your host, with return
>addresses set to a non-existent address in your domain. This is not
>fantasy. It has happened on numerous occasions.

Philip, what about the morons inside your network who are permitted to
relay? This has also happened on numerous occasions here, and results in
immediate cancellation of the account, and a whole lot of mop-up work by
the admins.

It would be nice if Exim had some of the features that INN uses to control
spam. Things like limiting how many messages can be sent from a single IP
within a set period of time. Then if you consider things like EMP
filtering, spam becomes much more controllable. We're running filters to
the hilt with all of Exim's spam controlling features on, and we're still
suffering from the problem, both from inside abusers and outside crap.