著者: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Running under wrong uid/gid?
> Also, the default configuration has no_verify set on the forwardfile
> director, so (unless there is a problem), running EXPN to verify a
> user's address should not run the filter file. It is my belief that
> most sites just want verifying to check the local user, not what that
> user might have forwarded to.

Hmm. The problem I reported occurs even with no_verify set; if I read
your reply correctly, exim shouldn't be processing the forward file
with this option set.

It looks like there may be a bug in exim's handling of the no_verify option.

> use. The problem is that, when Exim runs as a daemon, it runs as "exim"
> for security. Consequently, if it is to run a filter file, it has to do

When processing a filter file as the result of EXPN or VRFY, why doesn't
exim simply run under the appropriate uid/gid, as it would if it were
delivering mail?

-- Lars

---
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars@??? * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University