著者: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] Running under wrong uid/gid?
Howdy,

I've just set installed exim on my system; I got tired I've trying to
convince sendmail to gracefully handle virtual domains. Exim has worked
like a charm so far, although I've barely scratched the surface of the
many configuration options :).

I've run into what looks like a problem with exim's handling of user
filter files (like a .forward file). When delivering mail, the filter is
run with the uid/gid of the appropriate user.

However, when using the EXPN command, the filter is run with the uid/gid
of exim (well, of exim_user and exim_group). The logfile/logwrite options
can be used to create and write files with these credentials. On my
system, this would allow one (for instance) to write to the exim config
file from a filter.

Is this meant to be happening? Have I just missed an obvious
configuration option that will ensure that user filter files are ALWAYS
run with the user's uid/gid, rather than exim's?

Thanks for your help,

-- Lars

PS Platform information:

exim 2.04