Re: [EXIM] Does 2.053 still handle message_size_limit?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Does 2.053 still handle message_size_limit?
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I have the following two lines in my exim 2.053 configure file:
>
> return_size_limit = 16K
> message_size_limit = 265K
>
> I'm finding that this _doesn't_ have the expected results. Exim is
> currently accepting messages of any size via SMTP
>
> There's nothing in rejectlog and the mainlog entries look like regular
> deliveries -- they even show "S=6917002"!
>
> All I really want to know is this: has anyone seen exim 2.053 refuse to
> accept delivery via SMTP of messages, based on the value of
> message_size_limit?

exim 1.90 certainly works as expected; so I am surprised by this. What
SIZE information does exim give you if you say EHLO to it?

Also, it might be the case that if you are setting the message_size_limit
to some value below what the RFCs insist be allowed then maybe exim is
going with the RFC limit. However, it is unlikely that exim would do
that without it being documented, and I believe that the RFC limit is well
below 265K (but I couldn't find it to check).

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814