[EXIM] building exim for a stow setup

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] building exim for a stow setup
Hi!

On my system, I use stow to keep track of new programs being
installed. Stow works by installing new programs in
/usr/local/stow/packagename/bin and automatically creating symlinks to
/usr/local/bin for binaries in /usr/local/stow/packagename/bin. This
works like a charm.

Using stow requires the binaries to be built for running as
/usr/local/bin/binary, but being installed to
/usr/local/stow/packagename/bin/binary. For a program that has been
built using autoconf, make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/packagename
does the trick.

Since exim uses a nonstandard make mechanism, this won't work. Even
the canonical way of doing make -n install won't work, one has to use
the way documented in the README file or to set inst_dest that is not
even documented in the script source.

Would it be possible to add a INSTALL_BIN_DIRECTORY to the global
makefile?

Greetings
Marc