著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Mark Baker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] [jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca: Bizzar MX behavoir]

mbaker@??? said:
} IMHO exim should not attempt other mx's if the message matches a host
} in relay_domains. Currently it looks at the MX list and tries to
} decide if it is in it.

Thats obviously not sensible. relay_domains contains incoming domains
that exim relays for - ie the relay control is more lax for those domains.
It says nothing about how you route to those domains - if they are local
then they should be in local_domains otherwise there should be some means
of routing messages to the final destination - ie some router handling
them.

} What happened to me is one of my multi-homed mailhosts lost one
} interface so exim did not know that it was in the mx list of a host
} and started sending mail to the only avail mx which sent it back to
} exim and so on creating a mail loop and bouncing all the mail. The
} solution seems to be to set the 'local_interfaces' directive to all
} your interfaces so exim can find itself in the mx lists, but this
} seems kludgy and unintuitive somehow :<

I think there must be more of the jigsaw here than first meets the eye.
DOes the "hosts_treat_as_local" option match this problem??

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]