Re: [EXIM] New User

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Phil Daws
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] New User
[please make sure that your MUAs line wrap is at less than 80 characters.
I've reformeted your message for readablity]

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Phil Daws wrote:

> I was going to use FreeBSD with SendMail. What advantages would I get
> by using EXIM? Any help would be appreciated.

First check out the overview document at http://www.exim.org/

Everyone on this list has some favorite features. I will list a few

  (1) Much easier configuration than anything I've seen (I've used
      sendmail (5 and 8), mmdf, and PP).

  (2) Exim makes it easy to do exactly the sorts of things that I want to
      do.  Usually, when I think of some added feature I would like my
      site to do or have, I find that I can set it up very quickly.

  (3) Outstanding documentation.  Print out the exim specification
      document.  It is a wonderfully designed document.

  (4) This list.  When I have failed to understand the docs, I've usually
      gotten help from this list within hours of a query.  (I am bad about
      summaries, but I will get back to everyone)

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814