著者: Exim Users Mailing List
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Testing version of Exim
[ On Fri, November 13, 1998 at 02:54:22 (+0200), Vadim Vygonets wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] Testing version of Exim
>
> I haven't tried Solaris on Sparc yet. But I'm not really
> interested.

If it were any different I'd be surprised and exasperated at Sun! ;-)

> I'm interested in the conclusions below, and the
> fact that there is at least one version of make(1) in which
> `backticks` are the only way to do it.

I'd lost the original question in this thread, but now that I see what
you were asking about I think I can say that even this is not a truely
portable way of doing what you want.

If the "VAR = `cmd`" works for POSIX compatible "make"s then that's
about as good as you'll get.

Traditional Unix "make" assumed things like this would be set on the
command line (eg. "make VAR=`cmd` target"), and/or in a separately
generated makefile fragment that would be specified on the command line
using an additional "-f".

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>