著者: Tabor J. Wells
To: hamster, exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Queue information
On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 06:19:51PM +0000,
hamster@??? <hamster@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone think of an elegant way of checking how many items are in
> the queue (and how many are locked for delivery) other than counting
> how many *-J and *-D/H files there are?
>
>     Mark

> [1] graphing the queues over time.

Actually this is all we do, running a simple shell script someone (thanks
pir:) created once upon a time.

#!/bin/sh

find /var/spool/exim/input -name '*-H' | wc -l

It runs pretty quick even on a largish queue (ours hover between 500-1500
usually). We don't use mrtg with it, but we do do things like page someone
when the queue grows above a fixed limit or grows 30% in between checks.
It's worked very well for us in detecting problems when they happen (the
aforementioned "smurf spams")

I also have a C version of it somewhere if anyone is interested.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                          twells@???
Shore.Net Systems Admin.     Just another victim of the ambient morality