RE: [EXIM] Bounce messages missing Sender

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Padraic Renaghan
CC: exim-users
題目: RE: [EXIM] Bounce messages missing Sender
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Padraic Renaghan wrote:

> Am I right in guessing that the attempt to validate the FROM by renaghan.com is in order to block as much spam as possible?

No idea if they are validating or just checking syntax. I will complain
to them myself, since this would stop bounce messages from us getting to
them. I see it is an NT system they are running. Sigh.

> Given my attempts to "masquerade" as renaghan.com, is there at better way to do it so that bounce messages don't get sent to padraic@???, but instead go back to prenagha@????
> Maybe a header like "Error-To" or "Bounce-To" - does exim recognize any of these?

No. Exim follows the RFCs and sends error messages to the sender address
given in the message's envelope. That's what the envelope sender is for!