Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: hamster
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 12:39:43PM +0000,
hamster@??? <hamster@???> is thought to have said:

> > sometimes it's not the spam that's the killer, it's the bounce messages from N
> > * 100000 (yes 10^5) recipients that fail to get through.
>
> The best solution I've found to that at the moment is the :blackhole: directive
>
>     Mark

And even that isn't enough on occasion since it accepts the article before
blackholing it. Wait until you get 10+ messages per second being returned
from AOL's dozens of mail servers addressed to a domain you host because
that domain was forged in a massive spam to AOL. We call it "smurf
spamming".

Here's a suggestion for the new wishlist. Add an equivalent to :fail: and
:defer: that works at the SMTP session level. In other words, return a
failure/defer code after RCPT TO: so that we don't have to accept the
whole message before trashing it/bouncing it with :fail:

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                          twells@???
Shore.Net Systems Admin.     Just another victim of the ambient morality