Re: [EXIM] permissions for non-root exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: vtmue
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] permissions for non-root exim

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:59:33 +0100, "V. T. Mueller" wrote:

> Now there is another, much uglier problem - the lockfiles. It seems
> that exim uses already the UID of the recipient for creating a
> lockfile, well I don't know exactly (their lifetime is not that long
> :).

You said in followup mail that your /var/mail permissions are 775. This
is good. However, what you _didn't_ tell us is what the _ownerships_ on
that dir are.

All you really need to be sure of is that your exim_group option in
Exim's configure file is set to the group that owns /var/mail. Once
that's sorted, lockfiles can be created through group write permission,
regardless of the UID under which delivery takes place.

Ciao,
Sheldon.