[EXIM] permissions for non-root exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: eml
Asunto: [EXIM] permissions for non-root exim
Hello,

Specifying a UID for exim to run under brought up a few 'problems':
Exim runs as bin:mail. One point was that I wanted it to write its
logfiles next to all other logfiles in /var/adm/syslog/. Since /var/adm/
is set to 750 I had to add access for bin:mail using ACLs - that one works
fine and could be done in a minute.

Now there is another, much uglier problem - the lockfiles. It seems that
exim uses already the UID of the recipient for creating a lockfile, well I
don't know exactly (their lifetime is not that long :). I only know that a
problme like:

04vb-00 == vtmue@??? T=local_delivery defer (13):
Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post
/var/mail/vtmue.lock.heaven.ruf.uni-freiburg.de.3648a254.00004a05
21:36:56 0zdKX2-00

didn't exist while running exim as root:root. The point is that I'm not
keen on adding ACLs for every local user to /var/mail. How about using a
different directory for lock files? If so, could this be specified as a
runtime configurable Option (I couldn't find anything appropriate in the
specs)? Any other ideas?

TIA,

Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)

                        "Christ ist man fuer Andere"