Re: [EXIM] Exim/Linux compile problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Nils Jeppe
CC: Philip Hazel, Rudolf Kompf, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim/Linux compile problem

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:39:53 +0100, Nils Jeppe wrote:

> I'll look into the discussion file whenever I get around to it, but am
> more concerned with getting it to run ;-)

Hi Nils,

That's where you're going wrong.

> Maybe you should put a comment regarding this issue into the "README"
> file? That might help the next confused Linux user like me :)

You will have better success with future software installations if you
get into the habit of reading the README files that accompany the
software before trying to do _anything_.

In this case, the issue you raise _is_ mentioned in the README file. And
I quote:

| ******* IMPORTANT FOR LINUX USERS *******

| Different versions of Linux come with different DBM libraries, stored
| in different places. As well as setting USE_DB=yes in Local/Makefile
| if Berkeley DB is in use, it may also be necessary to set a value
| in DBMLIB to specify the inclusion of the DBM library, for example:
| DBMLIB=-ldb.

| The building scripts now distinguish between versions of Linux with
| the older libc5 and the more recent ones that use libc6. In the latter
| case, USE_DB and -ldb are the default settings, because DB is standard
| with libc6.

I agree that this may not have been enough to solve your problem, but
it's good practice to look at these files. In this case, you would at
least have had an idea that this problem was related to your installed
DBM libraries.

Good luck,
Sheldon.