Re: [EXIM] Temporary rejections

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Malcolm Ray
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Temporary rejections
On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Malcolm Ray wrote:

> Using sender_host_reject or sender_net_reject, I can reject incoming
> connections from particular hosts with a permanent failure. But under
> some circumstances I'd like to be able to (temporarily!) reject some
> connections with a 421 temporary failure. Is there a way to do this
> with exim at present? I can't think of any. I'll contribute code
> to do it if that's the case.

Erm, what difference will it make? Is there an MTA that treats 5xx and
4xx responses on connection differently? I can't think of any logical
thing to do other than retry again later, whatever the error. Keeping a
record of hosts that have sent 5xx and never ever trying them again
doesn't seem right - that give you/them no way of rescinding the block.
I suppose one could try less frequently, but is it worth the effort?