Re: [EXIM] Odd sender verification problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tabor J. Wells
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Odd sender verification problem
On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> 1998-11-05 14:15:08 0zbUs8-0003N7-00 rejected from ns.infotechsys.com
> [207.239.53.253]: no valid sender in message headers: return path is
> <info@???>

The message headers containing senders are:

From: info@??? <info@???>

This is not legal RFC822. It should be

From: "info@???" <info@???>

since that first string contains a special character, viz @.

> So what plainly obvious thing am I missing here? I was thinking it might
> have been lack of quoting on the body From: but I would have expected that
> to yield a malformed header failure, not a sender verification failure.

You must have set headers_sender_verify to cause Exim to look for a
valid sender in the headers.

That error message is a bit unhelpful. I have made a note to try to
improve it in due course - it could at least say "syntax error"
somewhere.