Re: [EXIM] relay_domains_include_local_mx

Author: Andromeda
To: Sascha Pollok
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] relay_domains_include_local_mx
At 15:50 05/11/1998 +0100, you wrote:
>Exim does backup mailserving for all domains, that have an MX record
>pointing to the local host.

The local host being YOUR host.

>Isn't it right that Exim allows all domains with the local host as an MX
>record to relay using my host when this is set true?

No, basically if EXIM on YOUR host has "relay_domains_include_local_mx"
set, then any domain that has YOUR machine as an MX will be able to relay
through you.

However, afaik anyway, the best IMO is to use the "sender_address_relay"
option to restrict the hosts that can relay through you. Thank you to
Philip for explaining that one to me :)

That is how I see it (guys, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =