Re: [EXIM] what does "exim" mean?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Jeffrey Goldberg, Anand Buddhdev, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] what does "exim" mean?
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
[..]
> You do yourself an injustice. It was "EXperimental Internet Mailer" in
> fact. That was the best I could come up with when I was starting out. At
> that point it *was* experimental - I wanted to see if the ideas I had
> for extending Smail's approach actually worked. Like biff, somebody
> discovered about it and wanted to start using it, and told other people
> about it...
>
> I'd better put this in the FAQ.

Hm. Really?
I'd vote for leaving this open for people's imagination.
In fact, I'm really curious about what they could come up with :)
But another fact is that this decision is that of the author...

greetings,
Volker

PS: Did someone over there send that guy with his lorry to Freiburg? It's
been raining for weeks here... :)
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)