Re: [EXIM] what does "exim" mean?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: Anand Buddhdev, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] what does "exim" mean?
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> Before Philip (or someone else who actually knows) answers, I wouldn't
> mind taking a guess:
>
>    EXperimental Internet Mail

> I have very little confidence in that guess.

You do yourself an injustice. It was "EXperimental Internet Mailer" in
fact. That was the best I could come up with when I was starting out. At
that point it *was* experimental - I wanted to see if the ideas I had
for extending Smail's approach actually worked. Like biff, somebody
discovered about it and wanted to start using it, and told other people
about it...

I'd better put this in the FAQ.