Re: [EXIM] Wrong uid/gid?!

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ben Smithurst
Para: Sascha Pollok
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Wrong uid/gid?!
Sascha Pollok wrote:

> After setting up exim there were no problems for exim using these
> mailfiles, but today a problem appeared in the mainlog concerning a wrong
> uid/gid. The msg. got frozen.

Can you give the _exact_ error message? This is likely to be more
helpful :-) I suspect it was

/var/mail/foo has wrong uid/gid

or something?

> The uid & gid of the msg. file were set to nothing different from the other
> ~1000 Mailfiles (s.a. owner/mail).

I have them owned user/group here (where group is the user's group, not
mail, which is the group exim runs as).

> For testing purposes I deleted this mailfile and melted the msg.

By "melted", do you mean "thawed", or something else? ("thaw" is what
the exim docs say, so it would be best to use that to avoid confusing
people like me, who are easily confused)

> Exim created mailfiles with uid/gid of nobody/nobody.
>
> What's frong with THIS local mailuser?

Whose mailfile was this? What does your local_delivery transport look
like? You shouldn't have any user= bits on there (well I haven't and all
works fine).

> I did not specify anything at compile time

You fool :-) I beleive it's more secure for exim to switch to another
user as soon as it can. I don't think you need to recompile, just check
the exim_user and exim_group options (it may be exim_uid and exim_gid,
can't be far away).

--
Ben Smithurst                                          ben@???