Re: [EXIM] return-receipt not supported?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Seuffert (Pirates)
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] return-receipt not supported?
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote:

> When I activate "return receipt" for example in Netscape Mailbox
> sending options, then I get an error message from exim... something
> like "not supported". I could not find any error or reject lines in the
> logfiles.
> Is this by reason, can I activate it to get delivery confirmations?

Exim does not support any kind of delivery notification.

Comment 1: You can configure it to recognize headers such as
           "Return-receipt-to:" if you wish.

Comment 2: I investigated the RFCs which describe the DSN system, and
           there is even a bit of code in there (excluded by #ifdef) for
           handling some of the data. However, I was unable to specify
           any sensible way of actually doing anything with the data.
           There were comments on the mailing list at the time; many
           people, including me, conclude that DSN is in practice
           unworkable.

Comment 3: There are those who want MSN (message status notification).
           Such services are implemented in MUAs, and don't impact on
           the MTA at all.

Comment 4: Personally, the only kind of delivery information I trust
           is when I get a reply from the person I sent the message to.