Re: [EXIM] failed delivery messages have incorrect envelope

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Lee Bradshaw
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] failed delivery messages have incorrect envelope
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> Does anyone know of any fetchmail or exim tricks that would let me
> accept messages with this type of mangled address?

I know you've solved your problem by upgrading fetchmail, but for the
record, there is an Exim trick. The 'S' rewriting flag allows rewriting
of envelope addresses to be done as soon as they are received in the
SMTP protocol, before any kind of checking or other processing is done.
This is specifically provided for installations that have to cope with
mangled addresses coming in over SMTP.