Re: [EXIM] Pre-built binaries for solaris?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: D.F.S.
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Pre-built binaries for solaris?
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, D.F.S. wrote:

> I can't seem to find a pre-built version of Exim anywhere.
> The machine is a Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.6

The problem is that there are a number of build-time options, requiring
the answer to questions like:

. Which DBM library do you have? (On Solaris probably ndbm, but no easy
default on some other systems.)

. Which uid/gid do you want to use for Exim?

. Where do you want the configuration file to be? (*Many* different
answers, even on the same OS, depending on local policy.)

. Ditto for the binaries.

. Which optional bits of Exim do you want to include?

... and so on. One could impose a set of values, but I suspect they
would probably please nobody.

I would be quite happy to give you a copy of our Solaris 2.5 binaries,
but the various build-time options would probably not suit you.

Incidentally, 2.5 binaries should run on 2.6 and subsequent versions of
Solaris (the next is called Solaris 7 (sic) I'm told). Exim has passed
Sun's Solaris Certification Tests. I have the "Write once, run forever"
T-shirt to prove it!