Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?

Author: Nils Jeppe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] The W-Word OS?
Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> As far as I know, the answer is no. The extended answer is that
> maybe it will be possible to port it to NT, but I'm no NT
> programmer, so I don't know for sure.

Well neither am I but I don't think it's unfeasible... Just a question of
whether it's worth the effort..

> 1. Use M Sexchange or similar product.

MS Exchange is too dumb to do what we wanted it to do, but we found something
else (MDaemon) which does.

> 2. Port Exim to NT.

I have neither the programming skill nor the time for this :-(

> 3. Get an old 486, install a kind of UNIX on it, put it under
>    your table so nobody will know, and install Exim on it.  You
>    will need to get some SIMMs for 486, though.

Not in a company that has an NT-Only policy and tells us "NO UNIX".

> Sorry, but that's it.

Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate it :)

Best wishes,
Nils

--
http://privat.schlund.de/bartmoss/