[EXIM] Pre-built binaries for solaris?

Author: D.F.S.
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Pre-built binaries for solaris?
I have upgraded a sparc 5 system from solaris 2.5 to 2.6.
we were getting a ton of spam forwarded thru the system.
The upgrade was in preperation to upgrading or replacing the MTA.

The problem now is with the new version of sendmail on solaris 2.6
addresses are not getting set correctly in the From: field
They USED to be "Joe, Blow" <Joe@???>
now I'm getting "Joe, Blow" <>
many sites are quite unhappy without a valid return address and
a lot of legitimate mail is getting bounced.

I wanted to install Exim as friends have told me it is better
and easier for limiting routing and forwarding of spam, our original
problem.

The problem is the machine is old and rather slow, I don't have a
development system, and It will probably take a week to find a full
set of development tools to get GCC running on the machine and get
it working enough to build Exim.
I have not idea how problematic that process may be.

I realize how handy build time options are, and that in the end I
will want to build a local version, but...

We are in bad shape at the moment and a generic version to get us up
and running would allow me the time to build and configure a
permanent version of Exim.

I can't seem to find a pre-built version of Exim anywhere.
The machine is a Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.6

Please?

Marc