[EXIM] relay domains and DBM files - wildcarding

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Paul Mansfield
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: [EXIM] relay domains and DBM files - wildcarding
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> Now, I've been worrying about the way you can do wildcard subdomains. If you
> use 'partial-dbm' instead of 'dbm' to do wildcard lookups, then 'customer.com'
> and 'sub.customer.com' would both work as intended, but also you'd have the
> side-effect that 'noncustomer.com' would also work!

No. Partial lookups do not work in the same way as * in literal strings.
They work on a component basis (see 6.5). If a dbm file's key is

*.customer.com

it matches customer.com and anything.customer.com but not anythingcustomer.com.

I see that the two different uses of * can be confusing. It is a pity I
didn't use some other character when partial matching was introduced,
but * did seem to be the natural one at the time.