Re: [EXIM] Mysql and exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: iqbal
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Mysql and exim
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, iqbal wrote:

> I have Mysql running on one machine and exim on another, the only way
> I can conceive of doing it currently is to get users to modify there
> aliases, in the db on machine one, then get perl or something using
> DBI etc etc to run from the mail, machine to query Mysql , and rewrite
> the alias file. This to me seems really messy.

Is that really that bad? Do you need updates to aliases to be available
instanteniously. If not, is an update script that runs every few hours
out of cron such a bad thing?

We do that here without much bother.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814