Re: [EXIM] suppressing stdout

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steve Rawlinson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] suppressing stdout
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Steve Rawlinson wrote:

> > > Is there an obvious way to suppress the line of output exim
> > > produces when run from the command line with -bm?
> >
> > Which line is that? I don't see it myself.
>
> Something like:
>
> 1998-10-27 19:00:38 0zYELx-0004HU-00 <= steve@??? U=steve P=local S=322
>
> On stderr. Doesnt happen if you run as root for some reason.

Exim expects to be setuid root (or possibly as exim in certain types of
configuration) or run as root or exim. That line is its normal log line
which it writes when it receives a message. However, if you aren't
running it with the right privilege, it cannot write to its log files.
In that circumstance, it writes to stderr instead.

Note that changing the configuration using -C or -D loses the setuid
privilege. If you are calling it with either of those options and you
want to retain privilege, you have to call it as root or exim.