Re: [EXIM] Panic-Problem

Author: Sascha Pollok
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Panic-Problem
>> In this /root/mailing file are about 500 recipients, one per line.
>> As I try to send a mail to infomail Exim sends out about 5-6 mails without
>> problems and then aborts with a MAIN PANIC: Too many open files.
>
>Is that *all* the error message? It doesn't look like a complete message
>to me. Have you tried running

When running with the options below I get several

LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
virtual_aliases director: failed to open
/usr/local/exim/virtual-domains/<thedomain><.tld>
for linear search: Too many open files
webmaster@<thedomain><.tld> cannot be resolved at this time;

>exim -d -bt infomail
>
>to see if it does the routing correctly? This might give a clue as to
>where this error is occurring.

Setting queue_run_max to a value like 20 (instead of 5) does not seem to
change anything.

>It seems a perfectly reasonable way to send mail to 500 recipients.

Do you need to get more infos?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Sascha Pollok

---
 Sascha Pollok                                    EMail: sp@???
 Technical Director / Internet Port Hamburg       Fon: +49 (0)40 37 49 19-0
 Rödingsmarkt 14                                       +49 (0)172 411 78 62
 D-20459 Hamburg                                  Fax: +49 (0)40 37 49 19-29
 Germany