Re: [EXIM] Panic-Problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Sascha Pollok
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Panic-Problem
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Sascha Pollok wrote:
> infomail:    :include:/root/mailing

> In this /root/mailing file are about 500 recipients, one per line.
> As I try to send a mail to infomail Exim sends out about 5-6 mails without
> problems and then aborts with a MAIN PANIC: Too many open files.
>
> Any suggestions? OS problem?

If it's really an OS fault with no file handles...

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-2.00/doc/html/spec_9.html#SEC264
    queue_run_max option

    Option: queue_run_max
    Type: integer
    Default: 5

    This controls the maximum number of queue-running processes that the
    Exim daemon will run simultaneously. It does not, however, interlock
    with other processes, so additional queue-runners can be started by
    other means, or by killing and restarting the daemon.

maybe this *might* help... otherwise change log_level and see. and then perhaps
also try Philip's suggestion of using the delivery test mode..

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600