Re: [EXIM] What has happened ?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] What has happened ?
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Frank Elsner wrote:

> 1998-10-27 15:41:14 0zYAJ7-0000Ar-00 <= news@??? U=news P=local S=1662
> 1998-10-27 15:41:14 0zYAJ7-0000Ar-00 Completed
>
> Obvious a message came in, but then ... ?

Unusual, but not impossible. One scenario is that the message was
addressed to some user who has set up an Exim filter containing the
command "seen finish", which discards a message without doing any
deliveries.

More information could be obtained by setting

log_received_recipients

so that next time you can see to whom it is addressed.

I agree that perhaps there ought to be some better logging. I have made
a note about it.