Re: [EXIM] virtual domain help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Seuffert (Pirates)
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] virtual domain help
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote:

> After reading the FAQ and the exim specification for a while,
> I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to deliver all mails for a specific
> domain to a single host. I'm sorry to ask "silly" questions, can
> someone help please?

Put this router first.

single_host_router:
driver = domainlist
transport = smtp
route_list = single.domain single.host byname

> At the moment I declared both domains as 'local', the exim
> specification says something about "virtual domains", I can only guess
> which configuration is correct, how about this: *wild-guessing*

With the router above, you should *not* declare the domain as local,
since local domains are processed by directors, not routers.

> Especially the option "byname" makes me unsure, what does it mean?
> thx a lot :)

It means "look up the IP address of single.host using gethostbyname()".
Alternatives are to look it up directly in the DNS, with or without MX
processing.